Educate California's mission is to help families, school districts, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies prepare 14-24-year-old youth for life after high school.
Through our in-person and virtual LifePrep Academy training sessions, we provide students and their parents with essential knowledge, skills and resources that students need to graduate - college and career ready. Our resources and workshops are vital to the community because they address California’s more than 500:1 student-to-counselor ratio.
Since 1998, we have helped thousands of students plan their future and achieve their goals. We measure and evaluate our impact on the youth we serve through pre- and post-workshop surveys. To date:
• 89% of our students feel more confidence preparing for career and college,
• 90% feel more empowered to choose the right training courses and when to take them,
• 87% feel more knowledgeable about financial literacy and how to manage their money,
• 85% feel more knowledgeable about financial options to pay for career-training / college, and
• 87% feel more empowered knowing what employers want and what frustrates them.
We appreciate the generous support of our corporate, foundation and governmental partners, whose investments make our work possible. The following funders have supported our mission to empower youth.